Here is J. Patrick Lewis reading one of his very clever parodies from Edgar Allan Poe’s Pie: Math Puzzlers in Classic Poems.
He has several other new poetry works out this year, too:
- When Thunder Comes: Poems for Civil Rights Leaders
- If You Were a Chocolate Mustache
- An edited collection, The Book of Animal Poetry to be illustrated with National Geographic photos of animals
- Last Laughs: Animal Epitaphs
- Take Two! A Celebration of Twins
Marilyn Singer read a clever St. Patrick's Day poem (from the dog's point of view) from her new book, Every Day's a Dog's Day.
She also has several other new books coming out in 2012 (some poetry, some picture books) including:
- A Stick is an Excellent Thing
- Tallulah’s Solo
- The Boy Who Cried Alien
- The Superheroes Employment Agency
- A Strange Place to Call Home
- 2013 will see another Tallulah book and a new collection of reversos
Jane Yolen shared several short poems from her collaborative book of "epitaph" poems with J. Patrick Lewis. Here's the epitaph for a frog.
Jane's latest poetry collection is Bug Off! Creepy Crawly Poems and she shared a few from that new book, too.
Also look for Jane's new article, “A Children’s Books Poetics” in the May/June issue of Horn Book magazine—where she offers poem tributes to 7 legends of the children’s literature world.
That's just a tiny taste of our 3 hours of rhyme and repartee!