Friday, April 01, 2022

NPM: "Trail Ready"

Happy National Poetry Month! Once again, all month long, I'll be sharing videos made by my graduate students enrolled in a "Poetry for Children" course at Texas Woman's University. They each chose a poem from Hop to It: Poems to Get You Moving (because we have permission from those poets) and created an original "movie" to feature that poem. This is a fun way to feature a poem and also a model of what young people can do in using technology to play with poetry. See what you think! Here is "Trail Ready" by Robyn Hood Black.

[Poem video created by Savannah W.]

5 comments:

jama said...

Excellent job, Savannah!! I always look forward to these videos every year. Thanks!!

Robyn Hood Black said...

Oh my goodness - LOVE this! Thank you, Savannah, for bringing this poem to life with so much talent and fun - makes my day! And Sylvia, thank you for all of the poetry magic you (& Janet) unleash into the world....

Anonymous said...

Delightful in every way!

Jen Raudenbush said...

Awesome poem and movie!

Gail Aldous said...

I love the fun music and the close-up video! Great work! I felt like I was there.