Friday, April 17, 2015

Celebrating Breakfast Cereals


This video of Andy reading "Picky Eater" by Matt Forrest Esenwine is hilarious. Watch him keep his composure as boxes of breakfast cereal are tossed at him! Plus, he reads both the English AND Spanish versions of this poem beautifully! Thank you, Cynthia A. for this awesome video! 


Yes, there is an actual National Cereal Day on March 7, but this poem is fun to share on any day you're eating cereal-- and that's nearly every day for me! Want to know more about this unique holiday? There's a dedicated website, of course. Just click HERE.

For the full text of this poem and 150+ more (all in English AND Spanish), order your own copy of The Poetry Friday Anthology for Celebrations HERE and for more Poetry Celebrations fun, click HERE. Plus for more on National Poetry Month, click HERE.

And head on over to Life on the Deckle Edge where Robyn is hosting our Poetry Friday gathering this week. (In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm honored to be interviewed there-- along with Janet.) Click HERE to go there! (And thanks so much, Robyn-- all around!)

10 comments:

Author Amok said...

Wow! Andy is a good sport. As the mom of a recovering picky eater, I appreciate Matt's poem. (My guy only ate crunchy, never mushy foods.)

Penny Parker Klostermann said...

Love it!!! Very "catching" poem ;-)

Robyn Hood Black said...

[I'm not sure I properly clicked for my comment to go through - if I did, forgive the redundancy! If not, hats off to Andy for deftly handling flying cereal boxes and to Cynthia for another great video in the series. And to you and Sylvia for gracing my blog today!] :0)

jama said...

Fun poem and video. Loved that Andy read the poem in Spanish too. :)

Liz Steinglass said...

I love the poem, and Andy did a fabulous job with the poem and the flying boxes of cereal. I don't speak Spanish but I loved all the sounds in the Spanish version.

Doraine said...

What fun!

Doraine said...

What fun!

Linda said...

The Spanish version will appeal to my students! Love it!

Mary Lee said...

So much fun!

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Well done, Andy! Now I'd like to see him do another version with the cereal boxes open. ;)